Goulasch soup known in Czech as “gulášová polévka”.
4 serves, preparation time 1 hour
- 200 g beef cutout (lean meat cutting-up anywhere)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1-2 peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 tablespoons lard or sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet pepper
- 1 liter beef broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- pinch of cumin, pinch of chilli and pinch of marjoram
- 2 crushed cloves garlic
In a pot on a half of a fat fry the onion. Add the meat cut into small cubes and cook 3 minutes. Sprinkle pepper, stir and immediately pour half the broth. Season with salt, pepper, cumin and chilli and simmer almost until soft. In another pot on the remaining fat stir fry the flour until it turns lighter, roux pour with the cool broth and mix. Pour it to the base, add the potatoes, garlic, and marjoram and cook stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.